Call for Proposals: 2018 Power of the Arts Forum
The Michaëlle Jean Foundation and the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) invite you to submit a proposal to deliver a presentation at the upcoming Power of the Arts Forum: Leveraging the Arts as Weapons for Peace, which will take place February 16 to 18, 2018, at the Museum.
- Are you conducting research on the power of the arts, particularly tied to the relation between the arts and peace, the arts and health, the arts and urban planning, the arts and new economies, the arts and inclusion or the arts and democratic participation?
- Do you use the arts as tools to tackle major social issues: the prevention of homelessness, the empowerment of Black youth, justice and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples, inclusion of Muslim communities, the end of homophobia and transphobia, the integration of refugees, the struggle against violence against women, crime prevention and the prevention of extremisms.
If so, you have vital information and experiences to share with your peers coming from Quebec, the rest of Canada and abroad, and we invite you to submit a proposal.
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Please send us a 500-word summary of your presentation to the Forum Steering Committee, which will select three proposals per theme.
Please find some important information for your submission:
- Your proposal must be sent to email@example.com by October 15, 2017, (11:59PM, at the latest);
- It must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document attachment;
- Beneath the title of your presentation, you must indicate:
- The theme you are looking to address (based on the ones listed above);
- Your title and the name of the organization or institution you represent (if applicable);
- The city, province, territory and country, where you work.
- In your document, please explain how your presentation relates to the theme and the overarching aims of the Power of the Arts Forum: Leveraging the Arts as Weapons for Peace.
If you have questions or require additional information, feel free to contact Peter Flegel, Director of Programming and Development at the Michaëlle Jean Foundation, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613.562-5468.