The Sponsors of the Combating Hate, Advancing Inclusion video arts competition project are the Vancouver Foundation, the Michaëlle Jean Foundation (FMJF), the Edmonton Community Foundation, the Winnipeg Community Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation, hereafter collectively referred to as “the Sponsors”.
All applicants must meet and/or agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Youth from Muslims communities living across Canada, aged 15 to 30, are eligible for the art competition. Youth can apply as individuals or as a group. The lead artist must be between 15-30 years of age.
- Artists under the age of 18 must obtain parental/custodian consent to enter the competition. Parental/custodian consent forms will be sent via email if applicant is successful.
- Selected artists must be able to attend the official unveiling in September 2017, during which they will receive their cash prize of $1,000. Travel fare and accommodation may be available if required.
- All finalists authorize the Sponsors to use their artwork on their website, in media communications, and in promotional materials in relation to the Combating Hate, Advancing Inclusion project and to the sponsors and collaborating partners.
Artists can enter the art competition starting May 20, 2017.
The competition closes on Saturday, August 5, 2017, at 11:59 PM (Pacific).
- Artists must apply using the online submission form at bit.ly/Form-CHAI.
- Submissions will be accepted from only one (1) email account. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Art Competition will be deemed ineligible and all their entries will be void. However, multiple entries from the same email account will be accepted as long as they are related to the theme.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address, at the time of entry, to which the email invitation was sent by the Sponsors directly.
- “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address to which the email invitation was sent.
There are ten $1,000 prizes available to be won.
- To be eligible, the selected artist must comply with the official art competition rules. If the selected artist cannot be located or does not respond within four (4) business days of notification, the artist will be disqualified and will forfeit the award. An alternative entrant will then be selected.
- Awarding of the prize is subject to verification and compliance with these official Terms and Conditions.